The AI/ML industry is one of the most dynamic industries out there! In order to succeed, it is important that you stay on top of this latest technology by ensuring your team members are too! Recently, the aiXplain team attended the Ai4 2022 conference that welcomed a diverse group of executives, investors, disruptive startups, academia, and more across industries like retail, telecommunications, healthcare, cybersecurity, and finance.
And in case you missed it, here are our top takeaways from attending one of the biggest AI conferences this year:
- AI/ML industry is growing at an accelerated rate. Big conferences like Ai4 help provide that perspective where you will encounter all the new and exciting things other organizations are working on.
- There is a big need for AI in every industry. The problem is that most realize this need; however, they simply do not know how to get started or how to get their ideas implemented in organizations. Notions that it is difficult to integrate, is costly, or requires expert knowledge, are examples of the things that make people hesitant.
- It is important to ensure crowd/topic versatility. Since Ai4 draws people from numerous industries, it is crucial to connect and speak effectively with a diverse group of attendees. For example, there were a lot of people from the healthcare industry, and each had a unique use case for AI, so ensuring how to be able to find a connection between what your organization offers and what they do is extremely crucial.
- You should have an adaptable pitch ready. Before attending the conference, you should have a pitch ready and be able to accommodate it depending on who you are interacting with. In this case, “who” means their background, company and pain points that they might be experiencing.
- Monitors and iPads can become a very useful tool. Monitors allow you to present videos and demonstrations surrounding your company and your offerings. Not everyone finds it easy to read through all the posters we have, so a brief video can serve those who perceive information by seeing it visualized and helps draw more engagement. As for iPads, they can be utilized to get sign-ups, so the process is simple and fast which everybody loves!
- Be ready to answer any kind of questions. There is a pattern of questions that people tend to ask throughout multiple conferences with some being unique. To be better prepared, it would be a great habit to document them, answer them and be ready to deliver the response next time. Due to the many interactions that take place in big conferences, preparation can be key and possibly make yourself become more memorable if your answers are more thought-out.
- Be prepared with a presentation, if there is one. Every event of this kind attracts a different and certain kind of crowd. If you know what crowd to expect, the presentation can be prepared accordingly and answer their questions better, allowing you to engage and draw more people’s attention.
- You can learn from watching others in action, especially your fellow team members. Observing team members interacting with attendees can help you learn how to best represent yourself and your organization.
Each event allows the opportunity to experience and learn new things happening in the industry, and we look forward to continued involvement in future events and sharing with the community more about us, here at aiXplain.
And if you are looking for tools to support your AI/ML model development journey, become an aiXplain member today.
Click here to join!